Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Long Wait

After 2 and half years, a misdiagnosed brain tumor, countless trips to the doctors, a variety of yucky medicines and test after test after test, the moment we have been waiting for has arrived!! Although we cheated and took 4 at home pregnancy tests it wasn't until yesterday at noon that we were able to sigh a great breath of relief when the clinic called with our positive results! We are pregnant at last!! What a joyous moment! As I was lying in bed yesterday afternoon reading a book Alison lent me on pregnancy, I still couldn't believe that the things I was reading could actually apply to me. I have read and heard countless pregnancy advice, but it is so hard to comprehend that I can now start taking it!

I know this has been a huge relief for many. My fabulous family and wonderful friends have offered countless support and love to us both as we battled along this fertility journey. Many of you felt the ups and downs as acutely as we did and I am sure you are all just as relived and happy that this journey has taken a super new turn in the path. I can't thank everyone enough for your love and support!

They say that fertility struggles take a great tole on marriages. I am proud to say that Kayvan and I are not only strong, but the strongest we have ever been. Fertility seems to have had the opposite affect on us. I love my husband dearly and am so glad to go through hard times with him by my side. I am so lucky!

Well, I am behind on my planning, my prep and my report cards so I suppose I must get back on task.

I hope you find this blog entertaining and memorable.

7 comments:

  1. Well, I am crying! What a roller coaster, I couldn't be more excited...we have so much to look forward to, I am ready for the journey. These TWINS are so lucky, they are going to be so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news - what a great year for the Lira, Wright & Henderson crowd. We're slowly taking over Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca I am so happy you decided to do this blog! I plan to blog-stalk you daily. We are so excited to share this journey with you guys. I have goosebumps reading this - SOOOO excited your time has come!!!!
    Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca I am so excited for you guys and about this blog!! This is amazing. Lots of love
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Momma. We are so proud of you . This is a big year for the two of you. A dream home, and a growing family. You both so deserve it. All our love and support. Mich & the boyz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca this is so cool! I can't wait to hear all the details as you go on this amazing journey. We are so happy for you and Kayvan!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, why aren't you in bed with your legs up in the air?! I don't care what the Doctors say; in Venezuela the women stay in bed for the term of the pregnancy…unless they are cleaning of course!

    But seriously, it certainly has been a long and challenging journey and I would not have wanted to go through it with anyone other than my bear! We have become even closer than before and we have learnt a lot about each other, about our relationship and about life. I look forward to this next chapter in our lives and I look forward to the rest of our journey through life together.

    Thank you to everyone for all of your support and the positive thoughts you have sent our way!

    ReplyDelete